Stiri

CD, vinil, concerte
brighty

Re: Stiri

Post by brighty »

Jon Anderson (ex-YES) implineste astazi frumoasa varsta de 70 de ani, moment care il prinde optimist si fericit, lucrand alaturi de alt mare muzician, Jean-Luc Ponty, la un album comun ce va aparea in viitorul apropiat!

Va las aici un link savuros, Jon povestind auditoriului, cu un umor nebun, prima sa intalnire cu marele Vangelis, dupa care interpreteaza acustic celebrul lor hit "I'll Find My Way Home":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItV5h3Arl5M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

brighty

Post by brighty »

Impresii EXCELENTE despre turneul de vara, abia incheiat, al legendei rock Boston in USA si Japonia, venite de la fondatorul si liderul trupei, Tom Scholz:
THAT WAS AWESOME!

Just got home from our amazing 68-show 2014 BOSTON summer tour. The trip opened with a sold out performance at the beautiful Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, Florida, and ended four months later with two sold out shows at Tokyo's iconic Budokon in Japan.

This was simply the most amazing BOSTON tour I have ever experienced - the best live performances by the band in our history, the best sound, amazing lights from our LD Gregg Maltby, exciting venues, wide screen panoramic videos, and of course most important of all, the best and most enthusiastic fans ever!

Behind the scenes the musicians and crew members worked very hard to pull off the performances and fine-tune the sound every night, but once on stage, we had as much fun at the shows as the audience did. The players and technicians with BOSTON made the show look effortless, but trust me, it's a lot harder than they made it look! As I took the stage for the last show in Tokyo with Gary, Tommy, Tracy, Kimberley and Jeff, I realized how lucky I was to be surrounded by people who are both friends and such excellent players, performing with all this equipment so expertly assembled and operated night after night. As icing on the cake, near the end of the night Siobhan Magnus [American Idol season 9 finalist] took the stage and nailed the lead vocal for "Walk On." Even after a difficult day traveling and scrambling to get ready for a show, stepping onto the stage with these exceptional performers to play for the best fans in the world was an incredible rush - the day's problems were instantly erased and life was very good!

Each individual show was the culmination of endless hours of effort on the part of three dozen people organizing, rehearsing, problem solving, and just plain working long and hard. I'm proud to have been on stage, and behind the scenes, with every one of these dedicated professionals who made our tour such a great success. This was the largest number of shows for a single BOSTON tour in 35 years, but the tour was so exciting, we are already looking forward to bringing BOSTON to even more cities.

Our tour this year also raised over $70,000 for the Sea Shepherds to help them in their heroic efforts to end the horrifying slaughter of whales and other defenseless sea dwellers, and over $70,000 for the Shriner's Hospital for Children which provides medical care for underpriveledged children. BOSTON's Greatest Hits CDs were sold at the at the shows with the profits going to both the Sea Shepherds and the Shriner's Hospital for Children. Our generous fans responded in near record numbers and the effort ended up generating over $140,000 which was split between the two charities. Like I've always said, BOSTON fans are the best!

Finally, here are a few of my own favorite memories from the tour:

Seeing thousands of people sing along with the band at every show. After the long hours of practice and rehearsal in solitude, the thrill of BOSTON's music bringing a crowd to life is hard to describe.

Watching Siobhan Magnus electrify the crowd with her vocal performance of "Walk On" every night.

Tommy DeCarlo bashing the giant gong at the start of "Rock n' Roll Band," then leading the charge from center stage.

My wife Kim customizing my Les Paul with a perfect checkerboard finish in honor of Rick Nielson, all done with scrounged tape and an exacto blade - what a cheap trick!

Listening to Gary Pihl's guitar lead take off in the middle of "Walk On," while Jeff, Tracey, Kimberley and I laid down the pounding "bolero" rhythm.

Speaking Japanese (badly) in Tokyo for the first time and having thousands of people understand it!

Viewing the incredible vast Siberian landscape on our way to Japan on a crystal clear day. Even from 36,000 feet the features of the white moonscape were overwhelming.

Flying an old single engine plane to 60 different US destinations with my wife Kim, and friend and fellow pilot Henry Lingley:
Because my back won't put up with long bus rides, pressing my 34-year old 4-seat plane into service seemed like a feasible way for me to get from show to show. But flying this beautiful old bird is nothing like riding in the back of one of those ubiquitous multi million dollar business jet at mach .8!

My classic (not quite an antique yet) piston prop plane has no glass panel displays, no GPS in the panel, no gentle female voice telling you you're about to bite it because a cylinder is running too hot - but it does have an electric starter and the original ancient basic autopilot. We did of course bring along some hand held navigation devices to help us find our way.

Unfortunately, the auto pilot died about 10 minutes after the very first takeoff, which meant I (as 2nd in command) got to "hand fly" us from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale, and to the next half dozen shows after that. Luckily, the electric starter continued to function, as I draw the line at hand-proping a Beech Bonanza.

Traveling long distances in a light plane is a bit slower than modern day jets, but thanks to this sweet ride we saw volcanic mountains and glacial lakes in the Cascades from just a few hundred yards, had an amazing low altitude ride back thru the mountains in a winding a canyon, flew over towering massive cumulous, through countless other amazing cloud scenes, and got inside quite a few bumpy ones we couldn't avoid. All in all, we crossed over the Rocky Mountain chain and flew coast to coast 4 times. Of course tour routing being as it is, none of this was accomplished in a straight line, as we zig zagged back and forth we lost count of how many times we crossed the Mississippi.

According to Henry's definition, every landing was a great one - a good landing is one you can walk away from; a great landing is one where you can use the plane again.

See you next time!

~Tom Scholz
Si cateva fotografii:

brighty

Post by brighty »

Din pacate, avem si o veste trista... :( A murit Jack Bruce (71), fondator al trupei Cream. Rest in Peace!...

brighty

Post by brighty »

Splendid concertul sopranei Sarah Brightman de aseara, de la Sala Palatului!...

O sala plina ochi de public matur, in pofida faptului ca biletele au avut preturi extrem de piperate. Publicitatea insistenta si-a aratat insa roadele (practic, v-ati dat intalnire, cei din Capitala, aproape zi de zi cu Sarah pe cladiri si la colturi de strazi! :mrgreen: )

A avut o mica orchestra de acompaniament, condusa de loialul sau dirijor de ani de zile, batranul Paul Bateman, dar au existat si destule parti pre-inregistrate, dificil de altfel de redat live. Una peste alta, sunetul a fost excelent in opinia mea, potrivit ca volum si sclipitor pe spectrul de frecvente (inaltele ponderate - trianglul suna atat de cristalin -, vocea ei era bine pusa in evidenta, fara sa distorsioneze (si apropo, are o voce grozava chiar si astazi!), in vreme ce basul intervenea discret si placut, un fel de bas inalt, ca sa ma fac inteles.

Pentru acest al doilea leg (primul a fost parca prin februarie...) din turneul sau est-european, Sarah Brightman si-a adaptat repertoriul la cerintele publicului, astfel ca am avut parte de un "greatest hits" grozav, care a uns la inima pana si pe cel mai carcotas. Din noul album "Dreamchaser" a interpretat doar "Eperdu", "A Song of India" si "Closer" (instrumental), in vreme ce au iesit in fata hiturile albumelor "La Luna", "Symphony" si "Eden". Nu au lipsit nici "Harem" ori "The Phantom of the Opera" (in duet cu un tenor de origine turca, desi din ce am inteles ar avea o altfel de cetatenie).

Ma simt fericit la ora cand va scriu aceste randuri, am revazut-o pentru a doua oara, dupa 10 ani, o artista adorabila cu o serie de hituri placute si de neuitat. N-o fi ea cea mai tehnica soprana, dar stie sa se faca placuta iar cantecele ei transmit o emotie unica.

Si tot reascult "Dreamchaser" si mereu il redescopar... un album fenomenal, desi initial nu l-am inteles prea bine! Mi se parea prea linistit, diluat si fara contur. De fapt, ideea este sa inspire visare si de la o auditie la alta mi se pare un material formidabil, aducandu-mi pe undeva aminte de cantecele celebrului trio dream pop Cocteau Twins. Nu cred ca gresesc daca afirm, cu indrazneala, ca peste ani si ani multa lume il va cota la 4 stele, valorificandu-l pe deplin. Si in opinia mea, daca doriti o comparatie pe masura, cred ca "Dreamchaser" este cu mult mai valoros decat mult-premiatul (la vremea lui) "Shepherd Moons " al Enyei! Ascultati ce va spun!... :wink:

brighty

Post by brighty »

De pe pagina oficiala de facebook a violonistei Hilary Hahn, cel mai recent post:

"Radio Romania Music" has declared Hilary the “Interpreter of the Day” next Thursday, November 27th!

http://www.romania-muzical.ro/articole/ ... &a=1303741" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-HH’s team

atyclb

Post by atyclb »

Toto urmeaza sa concerteze pe 27 iunie 2015 in Bucuresti, la Sala Palatului.
http://www.rockfm.ro/stiri/5245/Legenda ... mania.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

brighty

Post by brighty »

Regele Valsului, André Rieu, va concerta în premieră în România în 2015. Informațiile despre primul său concert la București vor fi anunțate oficial marti, pe 9 decembrie.

http://www.infomusic.ro/2014/12/andre-r ... t-romania/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LEKTOR

Post by LEKTOR »

Recomand acest concert ! Andre Rieu este fantastic ! Incercati si ceva bluray cu el.
Are multe productii audio in colaborare cu Denon Classics ( care au scos si inca scot pe piata cduri inregistrate excellent )

http://www.denonclassics.com/sites/denon/
... living a vi(ntage)king analog lifestyle in a digital world ...

brighty

Post by brighty »

* A-ha se vor reuni in 2015, dupa aproape 5 ani de la destramarea formatiei, pentru un super concert in Rio ce va marca 30 de ani de la debut.

** Pe 6 decembrie 1898, Emil Berliner a fondat celebra casa de discuri Deutsche Grammophon, cel mai vechi label din lume!

brighty

Post by brighty »

* Phil Collins was forced to cancel his performance at the Fillmore in Miami Saturday night, his first solo gig in over four years, after coming down with an illness. (rollingstone.com)

brighty

Post by brighty »

Concertul de Anul Nou al Filarmonicii din Viena va fi dirijat în 2015 de Zubin Mehta şi va putea fi urmărit în peste 80 de ţări, a informat miercuri, Sony Classical, casa de discuri care va realiza înregistrarea acestui eveniment artistic.
http://jurnalul.ro/cultura/muzica/zubin ... 82627.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

brighty

Post by brighty »

Un musical adaptat dupa celebra comedie cu Jack Black "School of Rock" din 2003 este prevazut sa fie lansat pe Broadway in toamna anului urmator. Se va ocupa de "destinele" sale nimeni altul decat marele compozitor Andrew Lloyd Webber, care cu acest prilej se intoarce la radacinile sale muzicale (remembering "Jesus Christ Superstar" din anii '70).

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... y-20141218" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

brighty

Post by brighty »

Cantaretul britanic Robbie Williams va sustine un concert in Bucuresti anul viitor, a declarat Sorina Burlacu, proprietarul companiei Events. Show-ul va avea loc pe 17 iulie in Piata Constitutiei.
http://muzica.metropotam.ro/stiri-eveni ... 922001610/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

brighty

Post by brighty »

Ne-a parasit astazi Joe Cocker (70), rapus de un nenorocit de cancer... :(
Odihneasca-se in pace!...

Generatia Woodstock se apropie de sfarsit...

Kostas

Post by Kostas »

Concertul de anul nou de la Viena va fi transmis de tvr

http://m.hotnews.ro/stire/18959706" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Muzica este un răspuns căruia nu i s-a pus nici o întrebare". - Nichita Stănescu