Tabla Lenco renascuta

Analogic, digital, sisteme audio, casti, revelatii si review-uri
porto

Tabla Lenco renascuta

Post by porto »

O veste f buna ptr cei ce cauta sa aiba o tabla f buna si sa o faca cu bani cat mai putini.
Arthur Salvatore cel care tine unul din cele mai complete situri de hi-fi a ajuns si el la concluzia ca tabla Lenco intr-adevar cu brat Graham Phantom II si modificata este cea mai buna tabla pe care el a ascultat-o la ORICE pret.

http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index. ... ic=2348.75" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I've now had the Lenco/Graham Phantom II in my system for 3 weeks. Normally, I would have had enough (quality) listening hours to post something substantial, and maybe even definitive. Unfortunately, the (historically) poor weather I've experienced, and further problems optimizing the Graham tonearm (with the ZYX UNIverse), have caused a delay. However, I still feel I can post something important even at this time, though with some significant caveats.

I feel it is "highly probably" that the Lenco/Graham is the finest turntable/tonearm combination I've ever heard in my system (or anywhere else for the matter), and that includes the Forsell turntable/tonearm. I would be more direct and definitive with this evaluation, which my readers now expect from me, but the above mentioned "caveats" will not allow this (without recklessly speculating).

Here are my "issues", which I believe can not be ignored or finessed:

1. The phono cable, while being completely broken-in (with a special device), is a complete unknown to me. (It is the TCI Viper, which comes with the Moerch tonearm.) Worse, it is 1.2 meters long. In contrast, the Forsell had NO tonearm cable (the internal tonearm wire was direct coupled to the step-up transformers). Since I strongly believe (through several direct experiences) that the phono cable is the most critical of ALL the connecting cables, this present situation forces me to be cautious at this time, even though I don't hear any obvious problems with the TCI. (I plan to resolve this issue by, once again, using an ultra-short phono cable, but only after both the choice, and the final location, of my preamplifier is resolved, probably in late April.)

2. I have discovered, again through direct experience, that the amount of damping fluid is the critical factor when it comes to optimizing the Graham Phantom tonearm. First, I used too much, which sounded pure, but dead, and the bass was noticeably loose, instead of "solid" and "firm". Then I reduced the amount in steps, until it sounded ultra-immediate, intensely dynamic and with extraordinary bass, but then the highs were hard, wiry and dirty (similar to mistracking), especially at louder volumes. I've now increased the amount of fluid, and I think I have it (or pretty close to being) optimized, but I'm not certain. Further, it may also be true that the damping fluid is effected by the room temperature, which means any serious fluctuations will drive the tonearm (and you) crazy (since the optimum VTF will also change at the same time).

3. Along with the amount of damping fluid, every other tonearm adjustment was also set up incorrectly at the beginning (VTA, VTF, Azimuth and anti-skating), despite closely following the instructions, and even considering my past experiences. I've now made improvements in every area, but I still feel there is some room for improvement, since changing one parameter may mean changing another.

4. Because of the poor weather (I assume), we have also experienced unusual AC voltage fluctuations (for this time of the year), which have adversely effected the Lenco's motor and (day to day) speed. I still haven't learned the best method of bringing the Lenco to the exact and proper speed(s) and, more importantly, keeping it there. I'll be visited by the Lenco "rebuilder" in early April, and will then come up with a final strategy to solve this issue (which can also drive me crazy).

The Bottom Line

The result of all of the above is this: At any one time, I have heard the Lenco/Graham Phantom II outperform, or at least equal, every other turntable/tonearm combination in my experience, at any price, and in every single sonic parameter. In fact, there is not one area where I can criticize it, when I have heard it at its best (with maybe the possible exception of lateral width, but only "maybe"). I find this state of affairs both amazing and inspiring.

However, it is also important to state this contrasting fact: I have still yet to hear this combination do everything, at its best, all at the same time. This is why I am so frustrated, and also hesitant to make a definitive declaration. Still, I am confident that I can, eventually, and with some help, achieve this complete optimization. When I do, the critical details will be revealed and the highly deserved celebrations can begin, because it will indeed be an audio achievement to celebrate."

Si daca cititi un pic de pe situl lui veti vedea ca a ascultat ceva tablite la viata lui.

http://www.high-endaudio.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

E bine cine poate sa-si mai procure o tabla de genul asta pana cand pretul nu va urca la cer.

Eu mi-am facut pana acum doua . :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Last edited by porto on 22 Mar 2010, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.

Obelix

Re: Tabla Lenco renascuta

Post by Obelix »

la primul link trebuie sa fii inscris pe respectivul forum... :evil:

porto

Post by porto »

Am copiat mai sus exact ce a spus Arthur Salvatore despre tabla Lenco ce o are el in probe de trei saptamani.

Obelix

Post by Obelix »

Off topic/// nu ai inteles, eu spuneam ca linkul e inaccesibil... :mrgreen:

porto

Post by porto »

Pai iti faci cont pe http://www.Lencoheaven.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; si vei vedea in amanuntime cum se face o super tabla Lenco. Eu ti-am copiat de pe forum ce a spus Arturo Salvatore ca sa poti vedea pana iti vei face un cont care cred eu ca merita deoarece vei gasi extrem de multa informatie despre cum se face o tabla.